Monday, November 9, 2009

I WOKE UP

GOOD NEWS! I was surprised to find that I did wake up following my surgery Thursday.

Actually, everything went really well and I was released from hospital Saturday, which is earlier than any of us expected.

I had a tough morning and a visit to the emergency department today, but some new (more) pain pills and a clean dressing and home again...

I am in oodles of pain and on so many drugs its shocking there is so much pain, but I'm hanging in. There were bad storms this weekend, and we currently have no home phone. So sorry I can't call anyone...

We need milk and meals and are trying to get ourselves sorted - Will had one small rest in the past three days so things are a bit crazy. Justice stayed home today because of the emergency room run, but hopefully he'll be back to school tomorrow. Whatever happened to visiting teachers like Erin or Megs?


Thank you so much to Fiona and Angela for taking Justice while I was in hospital - and for Sharona. Thanks for the lovely visitors as well - two days in hospital and I had visits from Sharona, Tanya, Will's parents and Chantal and Lydia. I was the most popular patient on the ward~ thanks for everything guys. I am going to be out of commission for a while, but I really appreciate everything!

I'm looking forward to starting swimming next month and maybe when Sharona gives me the bike I can also convince her to ride with me... It just seems hard to believe I'll feel up to any of that ever again... I feel exactly like I have been sawed in half. With a blunt saw. Maybe a spoon...

5 comments:

Mark and Tara Christiansen said...

I wish so badly that I was there to take care of you. For now I will send all my prayers your way. I love you.

caitlynrose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
caitlynrose said...

Thank you. Thank you for the package - it was perfect timing the day before I went to hospital (and therefore was allowed naughty stuff). Hope all is well!

Jason said...

Well, first let me say, I'm very glad you woke up; that is ALWAYS a bonus. Sorry to hear you are feeling so badly. We wish you a quick recovery and hope the world renews their memory of all that you do for them.

caitlynrose said...

Yes, I thought it was a bit of a bonus myself. Thanks for the warm wishes - sorry I haven't been in touch. I keep meaning to write, but life has been barreling over me.