Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm no Twi-Mom

Okay, I totally read the Twilight saga and sort of loved it. Well, I really liked it. Its great to see a fellow church member blowing the world away. Its nice to see even the young kids I had working for me reading big fat books. And I enjoy any reasonably good series, it keeps me busy.
And the movie, while slightly painful, was very true to the book, I just felt very old. On the plus side, it featured heaps of places I love from trekking around behind Deanna in her stomping grounds and working on The Queen of the West and The Columbia Queen (both sailing for different companies when I worked on them).
Anyway, I even admit I have tickets for the not yet released New Moon.
But at the end of the day, I am no Twi-Mom. And it seems madly frustrating that people act like Meyers created the paranormal romance genre and others are only poor substitutes following in her footsteps.... PLEASE, people.
I have been reading Kelley Armstrong's series since long before, and if anyone asks me for a recommendation, and they seem the sort (not everyone finds this stuff entertaining) I would never be real comfortable recommending Twilight to someone because the heroine is at times whiney, beyond self-depracating and often tedious.
But Bitten? Well, that starts you on the road of a great entertaining series!
And Steff, sorry for the mystery. I meant to make some obscure housewarming email that would make it make more sense... I just got waylaid by my life...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.