Thursday, September 3, 2009

Book Week

Justice's Pirate Crew Class

Justice and Captain Scott
(this makes teaching Year 1 look way more fun than it probably is)

I keep meaning to get all caught up on this blog, but with a paper due (2,000 words 40% of my grade) Tuesday, an exam (50% of my grade) Wednesday and an exam paper (40% 2500 words) due Thursday, I just have to realise that while I am often online, I am hardly ever getting caught up. (The joys of a more than full-time study load!)

So, just a little glimpse of what's new - last week was Book Week at school. Justice did his first book report, and I am sorry to say that the book he chose was all about Dragon Droppings. The Rascal stories (by Paul Jennings) is one of Justice's favourite book series.
Unfortunately, I remain out numbered when it comes to all things testerone driven. So Justice deliberately did his book report about Rascal and the Dragon Droppings. He had to write a letter to the author to read aloud in class. He took it as a personal challenge to see how many times he could mention "poo". Class clown in the making...
Anyway, we haven't been up to much. But we're all well. Hope you can say the same!
oh, there is this mom I keep nearly becoming friends with. But her kid is the shark. and she made the costume. Who needs that pressure?! Supermom is off my friends list. At least until I forget (again) how much cooler than me she is!

No comments: