Tuesday, July 28, 2009

SO FAR AWAY

Sometimes it seems like we really are a million miles away down here. In this day and age of instant messaging and email and affordable international phone plans, I still feel so far away. Missing birthdays and being unable to catch up, another family funeral I couldn't attend...

There are a million things I feel like I don't know now. Like, are you happy? Did your life turn out the way you wanted it to? Is vanilla still your favourite flavour of ice-cream? And do you still prefer rainy days to sunny ones? When did you start painting your fingernails? Since when do you have fingernails? What do your children dream of?

The details, I miss the details. Life is not revealed by the complex questions, but by the simplest ones.

I am happy. Most days. Which is enough.

And I have never stopped loving you.

3 comments:

Pyatt said...

You are always thought of as well...and if it wasn't so darn expensive to get over there...we would...:) You are the best
Kat!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU KAT!!!

lis said...

I feel this way too, all the time here in canada.