Monday, September 21, 2009

Merlin's Antics

Merlin "the Sugar Purrlin"
(we make weird rhymes - its left over from living with Suzi!)






Our kitten is growing. Really, he might only be three months, but he seems giant these days. He hurt himself (somehow, probably fell off the top of the door, or curtains or something equally silly) and I had to take him to the emergency weekend clinic. After diagnosing trouble with his back leg (and pain and a fever) the vet recommended overnight hospitalisation, x-rays and IV fluids. For $1200. Luckily I had a friend with me who was able to keep me reasonable. In the end a $34 shot and staying up with him (I had a paper to write anyway) got the job done and he is once again wildly tearing around the place. He is the cuddliest cat you ever met! And SO patient with Justice (they even play ball - what cat does that?!) Already he has done so much to make our rented unit more of an actual home... And his rumble helps me sleep...

1 comment:

Mark and Tara Christiansen said...

I love the kitty pictures, but I love you more. How are you? I miss you.