Monday, October 6, 2008

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Well, its official! Wednesday night our family trekked over to the Logan Entertainment Centre for a rather uninspired ceremony where I was conferred Australian citizenship!!! Whoo hoo - that means I can work in the EU without needing a visa! I can attend university for reduced cost OR deferred tuition! I can get a cool new passport that makes me slightly less interesting to scary terrorist type people! I can mark "obtain dual citizenship" off my life's to-do list! I can finally, after more than five years since applying, rest assured that I have citizenship and I can stay!

Justice and I waiting... Justice proudly wore the Australian lapel pin they gave all the applicants... On the stage with group 2 of 4, swearing the pledge...

There were no inspirational speakers, no fireworks, no actual (vs. projected) flags - but I did get citizenship and I did register to vote (well, I got cornered at the door - it's compulsory voting here after all). I am a total goober - I had fun!

2 comments:

Mark and Tara Christiansen said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! I love the pictures you look great!

Linda Em said...

Congratulations and welcome new Aussies!! You (and your beautiful bread, pies and cakes) are an asset to our community...I have been promoting your delicious wares to all and sundry since you opened....check out my posting on google blog: Beenleigh Community Comment (April 4th 2007)