Sunday, April 19, 2009

SCHOOL HOLIDAYS

Term One ended after the Easter Parade, and we have been enjoying two weeks of school holidays. Of course we still had to work, but the Easter public holidays meant we did have some rest as well. Justice being home has been so nice - I know its "silly" but I miss him heaps while he's off at school!

These holidays, Justice had a great play date at his friend Charlie's house, but we didn't do much else. Justice was set on helping Will in the bakery. Last Saturday night he went in for the duration. It was easter Saturday, so instead of being at work by 4:30 for an early delivery (closed for the holiday weekend) I got the house to myself AND a sleep in (by Saturday's standards). This Saturday we let Justice go in for two hours only. Partially because this week I DID have the early bum crack of dawn delivery start time. However, Justice helped Will from 8:30-10:30PM. Through all the wholemeal and multigrain breads... (while I photographed for the scrapbook I am terribly behind on!)
He loves having set jobs and is surprising confident and competent regarding bread moulding. He LOVES the idea of being a helper for Will.
He weighed up malt, salt and yeast from the various recipes.

He measured dough temperatures
And recorded them for Will's records
He cut and weighed out dough for back mixes
He moulded dough along with Will
This one came out BEAUTIFUL!


He even dipped the multigrain in the seed mix (he had also ground the carraway)

Basically, he did an amazing job. And he was crushed when I made him come home with me.

He does love me though. Maybe its just not as exciting to help with bookwork?

I can not believe how big he is!

1 comment:

Donna Belle Pouls Von Winkle said...

I hope you all had a good time for Easter......Justice is getting BIG.......He seems to like to go to the Bakery and help Will........He is a sweetie.....Love Oma