Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Boxing Day

 
Will's parents came for Boxing Day this year.  It was a mild, cool summer day so I was able to set a table outside the back patio for our lunch.  

I finally had a chance to use this huge platter my sister-in-law Iris gave us a few Christmas' ago (I did have to put the entire three dish meal on there to fill it- its HUGE!) and also a set of Christmas dishes.  FUN.  We rarely entertain, so it was a novelty.  I roasted pumpkin and potatoes all day in the crockpot (no hot oven steaming up the house!), grilled up some lamb cutlets and made a big green salad with a medley of tomatoes.  (The green speckled were my favourite...)

It was nice to have another morning off before getting back to work tomorrow...

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

No comments: