Monday, October 24, 2011

PLAYING HOOKY

Ok, in Australia we don't "play hooky", its "chucking a sickie", but I hate that phrase! Either way, I kept Justice home from school today. We made our way into the city to see the Queen. Yes, The Queen. I'm Australian now, you know? And still cheesy enough to think that the visit of The Queen is significant enough to encourage my diligent son to skip school. If I had had classes I would have chucked a sickie too, even though its the last week before exams... To be honest, we waited a long time, and I am so sunburned that its nearly frightening, but Justice was right up on the barrier and never complained. (Unlike the scores of children around us!) We saw the Queen, and she came by us by car a little later. (Justice snapped a picture of "the wave"!) Afterwards we went for a quick swim, rounding out a truly lovely day. I am looking forward to summer holidays. Not the heat, but the looser day schedule. I am sad to say that I now have my third bad Australian sunburn. (But three in eight years is pretty reasonable - particularly for my albino self!)

No comments: