Saturday, February 13, 2010

Will's 34th!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!



Justice cleaned the benches as a service gift for Dad.

Today was Will's 34th Birthday! We had plans, Justice was going to come into the bakery with me and then we would all go out to lunch at Windaroo Tavern after we finished work at the bakery.

At 4AM we began deliveries, including one downtown Brisbane which never needs Saturday delivery. At 6, after I made the delivery, the car was dead. The instrument panel completely dropped out as I was driving into the city, and the car simply would not start. I called RACQ (equivalent to AAA) to find out my membership had lapsed. On hold for 30 minutes, I ran out of credit on my mobile. After recharging the phone's credit, I had to renew my membership and pay a surcharge since I needed assistance right away (instead of 24 hours after rejoining).
I had to call Sharona and have her collect Will as I still had two deliveries planned, and I had the only bakery keys (both sets) with me.
The RACQ guy came and diagnosed the problem as the fuel pump. He bashed on the fuel line but nothing happened. The guy organised the tow truck (and of course in dowtown Brisbane I was outside of the free towing radius of my home mechanic!) and left. As he pulled to the next set of lights, my instrument panel suddenly lit up. The car turned over! I waved him down like a mad woman, and cancelled the tow truck. The plan was to try and drive it to my mechanic, or at least until I broke down again, hopefully within free towing range...
Will and Sharona arrived and took off with the - now late- deliveries. I drove into the mechanic without incident. Then Justice and I walked into the bakery to work.
After a 13 hour shift Will got to go home. Happy Birthday! We didn't make it to lunch, but I did cook up some lamb cutlets...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL! Sadly, we obviously are still suffering from our special occasion curse.

No comments: