Sunday, November 9, 2008

Justice went to Prep


Unfortunately we weren't able to attend the Incoming Student Orientation held last week at Justice's new school. When I called to try and schedule an opportunity for Justice and I to go in for an orientation, the teacher surprised me by saying that Justice could come in alone for the morning on Friday. He was fine! Me - I was totally overwhelmed by my baby going alone to big kid school!
I am really pleased with our choice of Rivermount, and the teacher was lovely (I'm requesting her) but I have severe reservations about school and Justice. I really don't think that the Prep program, even the academically strong one at Rivermount, is sufficient for his needs. I feel that the school system is set up fine if you have an average child, but if you have someone particularly quick and bright, you're at a real disadvantage when you enter the school system. I am hoping for the best while preparing myself for an uphill battle...

No comments: